Friday, April 01, 2022

A Rock at the Point

In front of me laid the Pacific Ocean. 
To the left of me, a dark, deep cove, 
and to my right, a sunny, sandy beach. 

And here I stood on a rock at the point.

Below, the waves swelled and roared and lifted large rocks under the water
with shear strength and power.
And then dropped them as it retreated back into the sea. 

Each stone cracked and shook as they tumbled back onto each other. 
And the sounds they made... 
It was as if the earth was crumbling below me. 

I could feel the vibrations underneath me,
as they crashed down on one another. 
And I thought: What if this point I stood on,
this rock I currently stand on,
what if it crumbled below me
into the waves,
became part of the rising and falling stones
under that dark, deep water, 
became one with that vast sea.

No longer standing above it. 
But joining the unknown. 
Falling into the ever moving void.

Lost or found,
by that never ending 


No comments: